Federal Housing Administration (FHA) is a popular homebuyer choice. These loans must meet certain requirements.
- Available in a variety of fixed rate and adjustable rate loan options.
- Has down payment options as low as 3.5%.
- May allow you to use a gift or grant for all or a portion of your closing costs.
- You typically have to pay upfront and monthly FHA mortgage insurance premiums.
- Require less cash upfront for your down payment and closing costs.
- Available for all income levels.
- Allows a new buyer to take over the loan if you sell your home (subject to loan approval).
- Allows a co-applicant to help you qualify even if the person doesn’t live in the home.
- FHA loans have the benefits of a low down payment but there are other loan products with the same option.
- Ask for help to compare the overall cost of all products, including the monthly and long-term costs and conditions of the required mortgage insurance.
- You can typically only have one FHA mortgage at a time.
- In many instances, you may find FHA to be a more expensive financing option and should be considered after thoroughly evaluating all other product options that meet your credit qualifying and financial needs.
To learn more about our current loan programs click here.Learn More